The Antivenom Poetry Award
The Antivenom Poetry Award is sponsored by Elixir Press for a first or second book of poetry. The winner will receive a prize of $1,000, and their manuscript published by Elixir Press. All entries are considered for publication.
• Manuscripts should be typed on one side of the page only on standard paper.
• Send a business-size SASE for reply only; manuscripts cannot be returned. An SAS postcard for receipt of the manuscript is optional.
• Please use a 12 to 14 point font.
• Do not send the only copy of your manuscript.
• Do not send biographical material, photographs, CDs, videos, or illustrations.
• Enclose a cover sheet stating the name of the manuscript and the author's name, address, and telephone number and a cover sheet with the title alone. If you are submitting electronically, your manuscript file should contain no identifying information.
• Manuscripts must be paginated and include a table of contents.
• Simultaneous submissions are welcome, so long as Elixir is notified immediately if a manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
• Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages in length.
• Please secure your manuscript with either a binder clip or file folder. Do not otherwise bind your manuscript.
• Close friends, students, and former students of the final judges or editors of Elixir Press are ineligible for all contests.
The entry fee is $30.
Manuscripts will be accepted from January 1 to March 31, 2019.
Submit entries to:
Antivenom Poetry Award
P.O. Box 27029
Denver, CO 80227
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For electronic submissions, please use this link: Submit to Elixir Press