The Elixir Press 2017 Fiction Award
Elixir Press is sponsoring a fiction contest open to all writers writing in English. Both short story collections and novels are eligible. The prize will be $2000, publication by Elixir Press, and 25 copies of the book.
- Manuscripts should be typed on one side of the page and on standard paper.
- No dot matrix unless letter quality.
- Send a business size SASE for reply only; manuscripts cannot be returned.
- An SAS postcard for receipt of manuscript is optional.
- Please use a 12 to 14 point font.
- Do not send the only copy of your manuscript.
- Do not send biographical material, photographs, CDs, videos, or illustrations.
- Enclose a cover sheet stating the name of the manuscript and the author's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number and a cover sheet with the title alone.
- Manuscripts must be double-spaced, paginated, and include a table of contents, if appropriate, and an acknowledgments page, if appropriate.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, so long as Elixir is notified immediately if a manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- Manuscripts should be 120 pages to 500 pages in length.
- Please secure your manuscript with either a rubber band or file folder. Do not otherwise bind your manuscript.
- Friends, students, and former students of the judge or the editorial staff of Elixir Press are ineligible to enter.
The fee is $40
The contest opens on March 1. The postmark deadline for the contest is May 31, 2017.
Submit to: Elixir Press Fiction Award
P.O. Box 27029
Denver, CO 80227
For electronic submissions, please see our Submittable page.