The Antivenom Poetry Award Guidelines:
Submissions to the Antivenom Poetry Award are accepted only between January 1 and March 31.
The Antivenom Poetry Award is sponsored by Elixir Press for a first or second book of poetry. The winner will receive a prize of $1,000, and their manuscript published by Elixir Press. All entries are considered for publication.
- Manuscripts should be typed on one side of the page only on standard paper.
- Send a business-size SASE for reply only; manuscripts cannot be returned. An SAS postcard for receipt of the manuscript is optional.
- Please use a 12 to 14 point font.
- Do not send the only copy of your manuscript.
- Do not send biographical material, photographs, CDs, videos, or illustrations.
- Enclose a cover sheet stating the name of the manuscript and the author's name, address, and telephone number and a cover sheet with the title alone. If you are submitting electronically, your manuscript file should contain no identifying information.
- Manuscripts must be paginated and include a table of contents.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, so long as Elixir is notified immediately if a manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages in length.
- Please secure your manuscript with either a binder clip or file folder. Do not otherwise bind your manuscript.
- Close friends, students, and former students of the final judges or editors of Elixir Press are ineligible for all contests.
Contest entry fee is $30.
The postmark deadline for the contest is March 31, 2016
Submit entries to:
Antivenom Poetry Prize
PO Box 27029
Denver, CO 80227
For electronic submissions, please use this link: Submit to Elixir Press